Who should attend?
The classroom version of this CorelDraw Introductory training course is delivered over two days in our training suite in Chertsey, Surrey or on your own premises. The online version is delivered over four three hour sessions spread over at least a week so you'll have plenty of time to practice what you learnt in between the sessions before consolidating and developing your skills in the next session. The online and classroom-based versions of the course are scheduled to run in alternate months.
Over the two days/four sessions you will learn how to create and combine basic shapes in CorelDraw and discover how these shapes can be used to create attractive artwork and logos, as well as how to import clipart and other images from stock image libraries or other sources and edit them in CorelDraw.
You'll also learn how to lay out pages incorporating both artistic and paragraph text for publications like brochures and newsletters. No previous knowledge of the software is assumed, but you will be expected to be familiar with the Microsoft Windows operating system.
During the course your instructor will teach you the process of setting up a new CorelDraw document and show you how to add and format text, graphics and other design elements. You'll be assigned a series of carefully constructed tasks at each stage as the day progresses to help you consolidate your learning. You'll also receive a copy of comprehensive course reference notes to use when the course is over, and you'll receive unlimited free email support (fair usage policy applies) following the course on topics included in the course content.
Contact us to run this CorelDraw training course or a customised version of it on your own premises for just £415+vat per day for up to two people. Add just £75+vat each for additional person. The price is inclusive of course reference notes and email support but exclusive of the trainer's travel and overnight accommodation costs where applicable.
People who are interested in this CorelDraw training course might also be interested in:
What you can expect to learn on this CorelDraw training course:
- What is a Vector Graphic?
- The Difference between Vector and Bitmap (Raster) Images, and when to use them
- Different Types (File Formats) of Vector Graphics
Understanding the User Interface
- The Toolbox
Setting User Preferences
- Page Setup
- Page Layout
- Rulers and Grids
Drawing Basic Shapes
- Use of Rectangle, Ellipse and Polygon Tools
- Selecting, Moving and Re-sizing Objects
- Duplicating, Cloning and Copying Objects
- Grouping and Combining Objects
- Rotating and Skewing Objects
Using the Outline Pen and Fill Tools
- Customising Line Weight and Style
- Attaching Arrows and Other End-Styles
- Applying Colour to Lines
- Uniform Colour Fills
- Fountain Fills
- Texture and Pattern Fills
- Spot, Process and Pantone Colours Explained
- Custom Colour Palettes
- Optimised Colour Palettes
- The Document Colour Palette
Working with Béziers
- Using the Free Hand and Bézier tools
- Reshaping with the Shape tool
- Creating Bézier Objects
- Using the Knife and Eraser tools
Working with Text
- Understanding the Difference Between Artistic and Paragraph Text
- Entering and Editing Artistic and Paragraph text
- Formatting Text
- Typographical Controls – Line Spacing (Leading), Kerning (Character space) and Tracking (Word space)
- Converting Text to Curves – Why do it?
- Wrapping Text Around Graphics
- Fitting Text in Irregular Shaped Frames
- Fitting Text to a Path
- Linking Text from One Page to Another
Importing and Exporting
- Importing Clipart
- Importing Bitmaps
- Importing Text
- Exporting Artwork for Use in Other Applications
- Printing to a Local or Network Desktop Printer
- PDF Output
- Print Options